Thursday, October 6, 2011

Sallie says: Post 1-S

Morning calm? I could use some of that. I am really looking forward to this trip. We are going to have a great time. I will have a very good guide. Francie** has been to Korea so many times, I wonder if she is part Korean. So, if I can shake off the fetters***, I know it will be fun, interesting, exciting.

Fetters*** for me mostly consist (okay, solely consist) of fear of packing. I hate it. When I go on a road trip I can fool myself by throwing everything that I can possibly imagine needing into the trunk of my car. One day I realized that, if I put it all into a wicker basket, it will be easier when I arrive at my destination. I look like a farmer, but I am happy because I "didn't really have to pack." It's different when I'm flying. I have to plan. I have to go to the upper barn to get suitcases. I only visit the upper barn when it is time to bring down the Christmas gear, or I need a suitcase. That's a different story and you'll have to visit my blog for that.

I did manage to get through all those hurdles (oh, now they are hurdles and not fetters)...you see, I do need some morning calm. Did I mention that I am looking forward to this trip?

All packed, ready to go. I am even pleasantly surprised that I look so pulled together! Les drives me to the airport. Uh oh...there is a long, long string of traffic on 95, extending from Brunswick all the way through Freeport. If you haven't been to Maine for a while, that translates to "oh sh****, we're not going to make it.

We didn't. I got to the terminal a mere two minutes after they shut the computer down. They could not open it up (saree, Sallie). But the woman at the counter was very pleasant and helpful and was able to get me onto a flight out of Boston in the morning, and I'm still okay. I got into a taxi and made my way to the transportation center, took the bus to Boston, and lugged my 2 heavy suitcases to the airport shuttle. I have arrived.

I still think packing is the hardest part.

Now for some sleep, a trip to San Francisco where I will meet up with Francie, and then off to Korea!!!

Let the calm begin....

**She is my sister. I call her Francie.

No comments:

Post a Comment