Thursday, October 20, 2011

NamDaeMun East Gate Market


Janice and I went to Nam Dae Mun today via Shinsegae Department store.  This is the contrast of all contrasts.   Shinsegae is all designer clothing and $8 cups of coffee.  Nam Dae Mun is this:  All you need to know about the global economy:  If it costs $5 in In Sa Dong, it will be 70 c in Nam Dae Mun.  I am going back tomorrow with some cash.  I even know to ask for gate 2 and walk to the building on the left with the orange top.  Then go to the second floor.

If you can lift it, it is for sale there.  Everything.  I saw giant mushrooms, slinky dresses, fish shaped red bean cakes, china and pure yellow gold.

People push and shove and get excited. 

Later, I put on my hanbok to go to a party.  Maybe I should wear it tomorrow when I go back?

No comments:

Post a Comment