Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Frances Says: Meanwhile, Back at the Somerset Palace


Sallie and I are back from Cheongju.  It was a very exci
ting, gratifying trip.  We have learned a few things, the first being that the subway is a two hour trip and the taxi is 20 minutes.  I loved seeing the art work in the subway station, painted tiles and framed pictures.  Kiosks of all kinds of things to buy if you wear a size 2 shoe.  But given the time and energy, I prefer the taxi.


While we were in Cheongju, we did more in one day than most of us do in a month.  We visited the blind school, had a massage, had lunch, climbed a mountain, went to a crafts fair and ate dinner in a Chinese Restaurant.  I remember removing my shoes and whatever else I could and falling directly into bed and directly to sleep.  Just like that. 

This morning we relaxed a little and then Mr. Kim, Dong Jin took us to the bus station.  He bought our tickets, bought bottles of water, carried our suitcase and waved good bye.   How easy.  I slept most of the way back to Seoul.  Our taxi ride back to the hotel was the 20 minutes predicted. 

Sallie and I dont know when to stop.  We had to go back to InSaDong to shop some more.  But we forgot our suitcase.  We were lugging hand made paper, paint brushes, watercolor paints, scarves and lots of small ceramic items.  But lots means the weight adds up.  We loaded it all up and went back to the Somerset Palace and had Rissotto Parmigan for dinner.  Sallie has her toes sticking straight up.  I think she is asleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment