Monday, October 17, 2011

Dongdaemun Re-Visit

Janice Shin brought her daughter Sandy to Texas nine years ago.  Now Sandy is in college, studying fashion and Industrial Design.  She loves to go to Dongdaemun market and offered to go with me today.  She met me in my room and we took a taxi back to fabric heaven. 

We went back to the booth where I had purchased some really beautiful natural linen.  I needed more.  And more.  There was a whole shelf of bolts of the linen.  The man was helpful and pulled down different weights and qualities.  I bought some beautiful off white hand loomed silk, some very roughly woven pieces that almost felt like burlap and a few batik printed pieces.   He gave me a handful of scraps that seem like perfect jewels to me.


The man is very generous.  He was glad to see me again and I was glad to see him.



Sallie and I did not make it to the fifth floor on our last trip, but this time I did.  I went to Ribbon World and bought some gorgeous ribbons.  Then lots of beads and some notions  and a pair of shears.  Sandy brought a sewing machine for me to use.  So far, it is still on the floor, but I have a table and a place to plug it in. Nothing to stop me...........

No comments:

Post a Comment