Sunday, October 23, 2011

Jongsoon

I did not take any picturs last night when we went to my friend Janice (Jongsoon)'s house for dinner.  She made bibimpap which she knows I especially like.  It is a bowl with rice, vegetables, meat and red pepper paste and a fried egg on the top.  You stir it all together and eat with a spoon.

At the table, we had Emanual who is from Italy and Taylor who is from Iowa.  Janice's husband, Mr. Na sang the Korean version of a song that I just couldn't place.  After several rounds of it, I figured out it was Red River Valley.  InYoung and Emanuel went out on an adventure and she came back to my hotel later where she was spending a second night away from Cheongju.

All in one evening, we ate raw fresh ginseng root, sang Red River Valley and discussed fashion options.  It was a perfect evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment