Thursday, October 13, 2011

Sallie says

This will be my last day in Korea, at least until the next time I come back. It is raining. We have had the perfect weather every day prior to this; cool, almost crisp, with sunshine.

I will miss my new Korean friends. I will miss Insa-dong, the most fun shopping experience anyone could possibly imagine. We went to Lotte Department Store earlier in the week, which is fabulous and glittery, with all the top fashion names in every category on earth, but in Insa-dong you can buy gew-gaws and trinkets, art supplies and china. Note to self: You only have 2 suitcases and a carry-on. But you can take all the pictures you want for free, and those do not take up any room in your luggage.

I have some fresh ideas for my artwork endeavors when I get home.

I am also sorry to leave Francie here all alone. I will miss her and I think she will miss me. However, I know she will be fine and she will have plenty of supervision. Our friends here take their duties as hosts very seriously. It is a very endearing custom.

Okay, I am off to fly into the past; my plane will land 10 hours later than it was when I got on. Next time I write on this blog, it will be to recount a few standout memories of this MOST EXCELLENT TRIP.

An yon he kay say oh!

No comments:

Post a Comment