Sunday, October 30, 2011

Leaving Korea. Flyiing out of the Morning Calm.

I went to Incheon Airport with my friend Janice.  She waited with me until I could check in and go through security.  My bags were not over limit so I was happy about that.  The airport is huge, modern and beautiful.  Very efficient, nice people. 

Inside security were all the regular duty free stores but there was also a Korean folk craft store.   This lovely young woman is a fine arts student who is part of a group hired to teach passengers how to make a small box covered in rice paper. 

Starch is used for the glue on the wooden box.

She showed me how to put the paper on the sides and insides of the box.  I think she considered me to be a very good student.  I excelled at pasting.

Behind me there was a stage.  A woman played traditional music.

They gave us these great luggage carts.  I agree with the logo on the side.  Anything that will help transport luggage is a smile creator.

No comments:

Post a Comment